The night after my first date with the Student, the Short Guy scheduled a "phone date" with me. It was a little "high school"-ish, but I figured to give the guy a chance as we had been hitting it off quite well through our emails.
The conversation was easy and he was a really nice guy. We talked for over an hour without a break in the conversation. I noticed that talking with him was different than talking with the Student. I felt like I was talking to someone younger that me (which he is, but it shouldn't be obvious). He lived in a condo with his brother, and they don't pay rent as their parents own it. Even though he is educated and has a good job, he really didn't have any responsibilities in his life. He was also a big sports fanatic, which was not appealing to me either. It was reminiscent of talking with my ex. But he was sweet and I still wanted to give him a chance.
He asked me to go on a date with him the following Sunday when I got back from my weekend at the lake. His friend is a pilot, so he would take us flying. He definitely got points for a creative first date, so I was excited to see if our connection online and over the phone would transfer over in person.
But I still couldn't get the Student off my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment