Thursday, October 13, 2011

Double-Booked

The weekend after my first date with the Student and my phone date with the Short Guy, I went to the lake with my cousin and my sister. When I had gone for drinks with the Student, he had told me he was going to be attending a wine premiere that same weekend. I'm so clever, I told him I expected some drunk-texting while I was at the lake so I knew he was having a good time (when in reality, it was a test to see if he wanted to keep in touch).

My cousin, sister, and I arrived at the lake around noon, and spent the afternoon touring the town. Then we opened our first bottle of wine. Long story short- two bottles of wine led to a drunken stroll to the liquor store for a bottle of champagne, then supper with another bottle of wine (overall, an epic weekend). By the time we got back to our hotel around 8pm after supper, my sister had fallen asleep/passed out and my cousin followed shortly thereafter. The Student had texted me to see how my weekend was going. After a couple of incoherent texts (partially the result of fighting the phone out of my drunken sister's hand), I finally sobered up enough to reply. There were some flirtatious texts from him, telling me that he would have preferred going to the premiere with a pretty woman like myself (swoon) and that he was thinking about me quite a bit since our first date (swoon swoon). Then he asked when I was getting back in the city the next day. It may have been the copious amounts of wine and champagne in my system, but I ended up asking him if he wanted to get together in the evening. He agreed and suggested dinner and a movie. I was excited that he wanted to see me again.

As I slowly sobered up, I started to panic. I knew I had plans with the Short Guy in the afternoon, but what if we hit it off? What if I didn't want to see the Student after spending a great afternoon with the Short Guy? I was worried I had may have screwed things up, but decided to roll with the punches and worry about it the next day.

Regardless- I was feeling a little bad-ass for scheduling two dates in one day. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment