I was able to overcome my neuroses about feeling smothered and found I was able to really enjoy my time with the Student. We found that we had a lot in common, and valued many of the same things in life. We talked about how the compatibility analysis on eHarmony may have played a role in why we get along so well. We enjoyed going out to eat, as well as staying home and having him cook for us. We loved watching reality TV, especially home renovation and home buyer shows. We were clicking in so many ways, and I was just enjoying our time together.
Another thing we had in common was our love to travel. He suggested we go away together during an upcoming long weekend. We would drive seven hours to a resort town in the mountains and spend three nights there. It would be a good test to see how we travel together. I knew he had done this with other girls in the past, and in some cases the relationship ended after the trip. I was curious to see which direction we would take after spending so much time together.
The drive to the resort went surprisingly well. The conversation never faltered and we continued to learn more about each other. I did learn more about his past, which made me a little uneasy. I am so unfamiliar with some of the stuff he went through and the trouble he was in. I find it hard to relate and it's severely out of my comfort zone. But as much as I don't want to know about it, I really would rather he tell me himself rather than find out from other sources. So I never made mention that his past kind of freaks me out and I let him share his experiences with me.
Our time at the resort was blissful. We had a gorgeous condo-style suite with a view of the mountains. We were able to live in a happy little bubble where only we existed. We had no schedule, no responsibilities, no reality. It was heaven.
We were laying in bed the morning we were supposed to leave. We were joking about how we should just stay another week. Then the jokes turned a little more serious when he mentioned he would be able to stay one more night. I told him I had nothing scheduled at work and could probably stay another night as well. After sending texts and emails back home, we arranged to stay. Now, it may not sound very exciting, but for me, it was a big deal. I always play by the rules and am not very spontaneous. The fact that I was able to think about me and my happiness instead of what might happen at work if I don't come back for one more day was a major breakthrough for me. I was kind of proud of myself.
It's funny to think back to that trip because our relationship really did reach a turning point. We became more affectionate, more naughty, more caring. Escapades in the bedroom were plentiful and experimental. We started using the sickening pet names that some couples use, like "baby" and "sweetie". We were affectionate out in public with each other, always making physical contact whenever possible- holding hands, kissing, hugging, little slaps on the butt. We were one of those couples that used to make me want to puke.
There was one moment during our last night together when I came to the frightening conclusion that I was seriously falling for the guy. It was scary and a little panic-inducing. If he decided he didn't want to take the relationship any further, I could be really hurt in the process. I could be setting myself up for some serious heartbreak. I wasn't expecting this to happen so fast. When all of this was racing through my head, he looked at me. He looked at me in a way only he does, like I am the greatest thing in his world. A look that used to scare me.
Now it just reassures me that he's in the same place I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment