Monday, December 5, 2011

His Mother

While we were away on our holiday, the Student reminded me that his mom was coming for a brief visit the next weekend. He had mentioned he had thought about having me meet her, just because she only comes to the city once a year. I had told him I would leave the decision up to him- I had no problem with meeting her if he wanted me to, but if he thought it was too soon, I understood. He decided that it was cool and he wanted us to meet. I should mention that he has only introduced his mom to one girlfriend and his mom did not approve. So meeting his mom was kind of a big deal.

The morning of the day we were supposed to meet, he texted me the time and location. About an hour later, he texted me again, telling me that if I didn't want to meet her that I didn't have to. I started to wonder if he was changing his mind. I told him I was fine with meeting her, but if he was having second thoughts to let me know. He said that he was worried that he might have pressured me into agreeing to meet her. I reassured him that he did not pressure me at all and I was fine with it.

The meeting went quite well. She was very sweet and easy to talk to. I figured she liked me when she had mentioned that the Student and I needed to stay at her vacation home on the east coast because I had never been there before. Shortly after I left, he texted me to give me the details. She thought I was pretty and well-spoken. She was impressed with how I was able to carry a conversation with her. She was impressed with my education and career. She liked me a lot.

She did have one concern- if he and I were to move in together, how would we manage with four dogs in one house??

Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment