My last posting was over two months ago. At that time, the Student was away on the East Coast for a course for two weeks. It was 16 days spent apart, then I would fly out there to meet him to spend another 16 days travelling around the coast.
The time apart was difficult for both of us. We spent a lot of time texting during the day and talking on the phone most evenings. On the bright side, it revealed the depth of the Student's feelings for me. The separation enabled him to really communicate to me how much he loves me and how this relationship is like no other that he has been in. It reflected my feelings exactly.
The day I was to fly out to meet him was very exciting. He texted me continuously and wanted updates on my flights and confirmations that I was actually on the plane and made my connections. When I landed on the East Coast and saw him in the airport, the feeling was incredible. We kissed and hugged and didn't want to let go of each other. It was even better than this reunion.
Our holiday was great, but I will be honest- I never realized the full extent of spending 16 days together. I knew it was a long time, but it never really set in that the only alone time I would have would be in the shower or going to the bathroom. You don't even spend that much time with a person when you live together. After the first few days I started to feel panicked. What if he gets sick of me? What if I get sick of him? There will be no escape! I am happy to report that we made it through the entire holiday together and strong. We had a couple of arguments, but nothing that would be considered an actual fight. I don't like arguing with him, but at the same time it was nice to see that we can have differing opinions and talk it out like adults. In fact, he is the one to encourage me to talk it out. I'm not used to that. I'm used to the guy walking out on the situation and avoiding it.
The last couple of days of the holiday were spent visiting with the Student's mom and his aunt. It was nice to see him mom again. So much has progressed from when I first met her last November. We had a great visit and I even got a big hug from both of them before we left.
There is so much more about the trip that I could share, but I wouldn't know where to start. Normally I can tell people every last detail about my holidays, but in this case, I don't feel like I can do that. There are a few highlights of the trip that I can share, but so much more took place than the sightseeing and the travelling. And no one can understand that side of it but him. I bought a digital frame and uploaded all of our pictures from the trip. There have been a few times when we just sit on the couch, watch the slideshow of pictures, and reminisce about the trip and everything we did and saw, and the conversations we had.
After the trip, we are just as disgustingly in love as we were at the start of it, if not more. It was incredibly hard to go back to real life, living in my house alone without his constant presence. We are starting to find ourselves in that comfortable place that occurs after the "honeymoon stage" of a relationship. Some people may see it as a bad thing, but I like that we are entering this phase without losing the spark that makes this relationship so special. Since we've been back, our weekends have been spent at the farmers' market, grocery shopping, gardening, and playing crib and backgammon.
And we love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment