We spent the Student's first night back in the city at my house. We stopped at several stores to pick up groceries and wine, and we could barely keep our hands off each other in the process. We were in my house for less than 20 minutes before we let our hormones take over. The sex was almost overwhelming. Afterwards, he held me while we laid in bed. We stayed there for half an hour, and never said a word. I have never felt so physically and emotionally connected to a person.
It was at that point, I started to lose my patience.
I never thought that I would be so impatient to hear those three stupid words. In fact, I didn't think I would be ready to hear it for a long time. But here I am, anxiously awaiting for him to spill it. And nothing.
So I thought, maybe New Years! How romantic would it be to be told "I Love You" at midnight?? New Years came. And nothing.
Then he made reservations at one of the most expensive restaurants in the city. We dressed to the nines, and had a fantastic three hour meal. We talked and laughed, and the time flew by. It was the most fantastic date I had ever been on. And nothing.
I met his dad and his step-mom over the weekend, and he told me how much they liked me and they were so impressed with me. He was very proud. And nothing.
It was getting to the point that I was getting a bit of an attitude about it. "How can he not love me? I'm adorable! I make him laugh uncontrollably, I can make him blush at the drop of a hat, and I drive him crazy in bed! Why the hell can't he just say it?!?!?!"
I had to finally back off and put things in perspective. We have been dating for three months. The fact that I feel this strongly about him is a little extraordinary this early in the relationship. I can't expect the same from him.
And I am confident in his feelings for me. He shows it in a multitude of ways. We are going back to that resort in the mountains in six weeks. He wants us to go to the Bahamas after he is done school in May. He's talked about taking me camping on the East Coast this summer. He obviously wouldn't be so eager to make long term plans if he didn't feel strongly about me. I just continue to remind myself of these things, and it eases my mind.
And thus, the wait continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment