It's been almost a month since my last blog entry, and only now I have anything worth updating about.
EH has been a pretty good experience. After being matched with my step-brother, I would hyperventilate every time I had a new match. Luckily, I have been matched with dozens of guys since and I haven't known anyone else.
Lately, I have been communicating with three guys:
- The Smart Guy: He is 31, and has a good job, but he is not my type physically. Also, after several exchanges, I am realizing our personalities would probably not click in person. But I continue to write to him as I promised myself that I would get the most out of this experience.
- The Student: He is 30, has an impressive body, and is tall. But, he is a student, which isn't the most attractive thing to me. I would like to date someone who is more established in life. But so far, the communication has been pretty good and I think we would get along in person.
- The Short Guy: He is 27, has a nice body, but is shorter than what I would normally be attracted to. He is cute and has his own business. I'm not crazy that he is younger than me (been there, done that) but he is established in life so I thought I would give him a chance. His personality is probably the most compatible with mine, as the emails have been funny and sincere. He even wrote to me just to let me know that he had written a long email but when he tried to send it, the program logged him out and he lost the email. So he would have to re-write it later in the day. That won me over- it was cute that he wanted me to know that he was going to write back and I knew he hadn't lost interest.
I have been leaving two days in between replies to The Smart Guy, and I reply within a day to the other two. The Student has mentioned that he prefers to get to know people in person as email can be deceiving. I can see where he is coming from, but I did mention that a few emails would be good to get to know the basics about a person before meeting. But being that I have been whining about wanting to date the last few weeks, I thought I would jump at the chance to finally meet a guy in person. As it turns out, I'm chicken shit and like to hide behind the emails. Luckily, none of them have actually come out and asked to meet in person, but I have a feeling that that is where it is heading with the Student and (hopefully) the Short Guy. So when that happens, I am going to grow a pair and accept their offer to meet.
I just want another week or two to get used to the idea. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment